Looking for local hydrotherapy in Dapto?
Hydrotherapy involves exercising in a heated pool with the aim of alleviating pressure on joints and soft tissue. This decreases pain and stiffness and enables you to perform a greater range of exercise when compared to land-based treatment. This is due to the therapeutic properties of the water that help ease the effects of gravity.
Benefits of hydrotherapy include:
- Decreased loading on the joints and muscles
- The hydrostatic effect of the water assists with improving circulation and swelling
- The warm temperature of the water aids in the relaxation of muscles
- The wave-like effect of the water causes stimulation of the nervous and circulatory system
- Increased exercise capacity in the water when compared to land-based exercise
- Exercise induced analgesia otherwise known as a natural painkiller.
Hydrotherapy has been shown to be effective in the management of common musculoskeletal, metabolic, autoimmune and respiratory complaints such as:
- Joint pain (Knee, back, hips, ankle, foot, neck and shoulder)
- Post-operative (shoulder reconstruction, microdiscectomy, spinal fusion, knee replacement/reconstruction)
- Arthritic pain (Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, lupus and fibromyalgia.
Our hydrotherapy classes are run at McKeon’s Swim Centre in Unanderra which is approximately 11 minutes from the clinic. We run group and one-on-one sessions and you are given a program that is tailored to your needs and are given the . We recommend an initial appointment with our one of our Exercise Physiologists or Physiotherapists to determine your suitability to hydrotherapy.
To learn more about hydrotherapy and its benefits, please contact the clinic on 4260 8574.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have 2 dedicated parking spots in the trade centre carpark. Otherwise there are plenty of unmarked spots in the centre or there are on street parking options.
We operate hydrotherapy at McKeon’s Swim Centre in Unanderra which is approximately 10 minutes away from the clinic.
Referrals are not necessary for private consults and can still access private health fund rebates on the spot. However if you need to access services under Medicare, DVA or Worker’s Compensation you will be required to provide a GP referral and other associated paperwork to be seen under that payment method.
Wear something that is comfortable and has easy access to the region you need treated. We aim to ensure you are always comfortable and we can provide you with a gown and other garments to assist with effective assessment and treatment. If you are participating in a group exercise class, wear comfortable and lightweight attire, closed in shoes and don’t forget a towel and drink bottle.
Other than yourself, please feel free to bring any scans or documentation that you believe may assist us in the management of your injury or condition. It is also recommended that you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to complete any required forms.
We are registered as a covidsafe business and follow social distancing and hand hygiene measures. Our clinical staff wear face masks to ensure we do our part to prevent the spread in our community. Whilst it is not mandatory, we have face masks for you to wear during your visit with us. We strongly encourage you to wear one if you are considered high risk.